Thursday, June 28, 2018

Summer in Maine... catching up on life


Spring break in April brought a whirlwind 2 day tour of 6 Vermont yarn shops. The photo at left was my resulting haul. Here are the stores I explored: Must Love Yarn  Shelburne, Northeast Fiber Arts Center Williston, Yarn and Yoga Bristol, Mad River Fiber Arts & Mill Waitsfield, Shades of Winter also in Waitsfield, and Yarn Montpelier. I am working on peacock and chicken mittens with these lovely yarns. I'm also on a self-imposed ban from any near-future yarn purchases.







Mad River Fiber Arts
At the Mad River Fiber Arts Center they custom process your fiber into roving, felt, and yarn - check them out! 



Okay, I did attend Fiber Frolic in Windsor earlier this month and bought a little more... I'm thinking Lupine Mittens for these two!

Instagram.com/snowdayartist











Here are some early summer photos: song sparrow bird eggs and a Maxfield Parrish sky view from my studio. If you like quotes, check out my Instagram account: SnowDayArtist. Happy summer to you!