Thursday, March 8, 2018

Snow~Day #8 and the Zen of Knitted Mittens

                I have 2 watercolors in this show. The opening is tomorrow. My students have 10 pieces in the Young At Art show - same building. The Harlow Gallery is now at 100 Water Street, Hallowell. These two shows run from March 7th - 24th.
It is so very grounding to sit in my studio and knit while there's a storm ragging outside. This is indeed Snow~Day number 8 for the school year - a record. I'm working on a series of adult (women's medium size) chicken mittens. I don't think this needs an explanation, just chickens and mittens, a perfect combination. 

 This is one of my favorite quotes. Snow~days are so relaxing, good for pondering, exploring, soaking up ideas.
  Snow~Day Artist on Etsy
A pair of frog mittens (small child, no thumbs) going into my Etsy shop today.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SnowDayArtist