Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Summer Comes to a Close


This photo summarizes my summer!  I did a lot of painting this summer... mostly of clapboards, doors, and windows. Living in an old house requires a lot of upkeep.
I do have a few new prints in my Etsy shop though, and more are on their way. I've had to upgrade my computer.  My beloved pink Dell laptop being 8 years old - a dinosaur in computer terms, was long overdue for replacement. I'm up and running with my scanner and printer working off the new computer now - which is not pink, unfortunately. The new system is printing lovely giclee prints of my watercolor paintings.

Here is this year's school mural. The photo on the left was taken as I put the piece together on my studio floor. The photo below is the completed mural. This year the mural is not a famous work of art... it's an aerial view of our school building and grounds. Over 300 students, grades K - 8, each painted a square. The students worked from tiny 1" mystery pieces, and replicated what they saw onto a 5.5" square.

This is an annual project for me. I see the murals as a celebration, showing what a learning community can produce when working together!