Thursday, February 20, 2014

Duck, Duck, Goose ... now a print

'Duck, Duck, Goose' © (see that?!)  Genevieve Keller
I am enjoying a week off from teaching... my studio has felt like a comforting nest this week. I finished painting 'Duck, Duck, Goose'. Prints of the original are now available in my Etsy shop.

Today I put 'watermarks' on all my prints. The reason for this is that I found my 'Olive Ewe' image is listed on a tattoo board on Pinterest. (If you are curious, search 'Olive Ewe' on Pinterest). It's creepy that someone would steal my image and make a tattoo of it. Frankly, I also feel that that was a strange choice for a tattoo. I guess this is a 'wake-up' call, though I have always written that my work is copyrighted. On to new work. As spring is somewhere around the corner, I'm feeling a call for some botanical work.