Sunday, August 26, 2012

Back to school... chickens and 7th Graders



It's been a good summer - lots of time in my studio for painting and designing knitting patterns. I just published a new Fingerless Mitten  knitting pattern. This pattern comes with Fancy Appliques to add on the mittens. The appliques took a while to test knit - I am happy with the results. These include leaves, flowers, butterflies and a lady bug.



Back to school this week! I've rearranged my art room, and I can't wait to try it out. I swapped my desktop computer for a laptop - just think of all the room I will now have on my desk! I also created a 'focus' area with some new tables. Everywhere I turn I find little reminders of my students. Why, even my chickens - who have grown so much this summer! -  remind me of my 7th Graders. They like to do everything together - no wandering from the pack for long. They like you nearby - but they will pretend to ignore you, and they'll eat just about anything!
It feels like it's going to be a great school year... let the classes begin!